Monday 25 February 2013

Yorks Bakery Cafe, Birmingham

On Sunday, despite waking up to a gloomy overcast day and having to boost the central heating immediately to avoid frostbite (yes, it is that cold in England at the moment), my boyfriend and I decided to venture to a little cafe we walk past everyday but have not yet gone into. Yorks Bakery Cafe is a small independent bakery on Newhall Street in Birmingham, and is subject to my longing gazes at their delicious breakfast buffet everytime I walk to the train station in the morning.

With empty stomachs and excited about what was in store, we grabbed our coats and scarves and walked down to the little bakery at around midday for brunch. As we opened the doors we were greeted by a lovely friendly atmosphere and immediately sat down to pour ourselves over the menu. Everything looked delicious, which may have been the hunger speaking, but there are certainly a few dishes I will be trying the next time I visit!


After much deliberation, I went with a quirky take on Eggs Benedict with portobello mushrooms instead of smoked ham and a bubble and squeak base instead of a muffin, and a White chocolate hot chocolate. If you're not from the UK, bubble and squeak is shallow fried potato and cabbage. My boyfriend decided to get a bacon sandwich on thick farmhouse bread with homemade tomato ketchup.

It was delicious. I love poached eggs and the hollandaise sauce glaze really complimented the bubble and squeak, so I was glad I took a a gamble and got it.


I would without a doubt go back to Yorks, in fact I'm thinking of using it as a revision chillout destination! I already have a vision of me sitting in there with a White chocolate hot chocolate, pouring over my Digital Marketing textbooks and trying not to procrastinate on Twitter!

If you are from the West Midlands or happen to be visiting Birmingham, it's definitely worth checking out. Their website can be viewed here for further information.

What do you think of my review? Would you like to see more posts like this alongside my beauty posts?

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I can back you up about the weather!! It's just so cold. I love the look of this place and the menu. Tha food looks so delicious :)

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich has my mouth watering! mhhm <3

    Justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post,
    please check out my blog;
    http://bridiesdiary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sometimes in Birmingham for work, so I'm def going to visit here next time!
    Brunch is undoubtedly the best meal ever as well!

    Lovely blog

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog:RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go to Birmingham quite a lot so I'm sad I missed this little gem. Bubble and squeak has to be in my top 5 foodstuffs x Becky

    cosmeticdebris.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Major food envy. Looks amazing!
    Harriet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Birmingham! I'm definitely going to visit this cafe one weekend x

    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...