Sunday 10 February 2013

Nails on Sunday

This week I decided to re-create a balloon nail art that I spotted on Pinterest. This is a relatively easy design but you will need a steady hand and the five different coloured nail art pens.


I used the following:

Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish Remover
Topshop Nail Art Pens
Models Own Nail Polish in Snow White
Rimmel London Nail Polish in Black Out
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nail Strengthener


I started by filing my nails and then painting two coats of Models Own Snow White. I didn't use a base coat for this design as I only tend to use one if I'm painting my nails a colour which can stain or discolour my nails.


Using my nail art pens, I drew a large semi circle on each nail in a different colour with the polish brush, starting at the cuticle and ending in the middle of the nail. I then used the pen nib to draw tiny triangles which are supposed to represent the balloon tie.

Using Rimmel London Black Out, I carefully drew a spiral line from the triangle to the end of the nail, to look like a balloon string.

To finish off the nail art, I painted one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails as a top coat.


Do you like this design? Can you recommend any I can try for next week?
xxx

11 comments:

  1. this is so cute, it'd be great for a birthday!
    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so adorable!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so pretty !! im a new follower and already love you ! you should consider making youtube videos i would definitley watch them !!! it would mean the world if you followed me and viewed my blog and i would love to recommend you on my blog (:

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the balloons! At first (from first glance) I thought they were christmas lights and was a tad confused. But they look absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. They so cute! Might do these for my birthday next week x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow these look amazing what a fab idea :D I love the colours you chose :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are sooooo cute!!! id love you to check out my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the nails are very nice and cute :) your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool nails. Great idea x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...