Tuesday 5 February 2013

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk

Tuesdays = Reviewsdays!

I purchased Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk about a week ago after seeking out a new product to take my makeup off with and shake up my routine a little. Described by Clinique as a gentle, milky make-up dissolver, this product is supposed to remove even long-wearing facial make-up, then tissues off or rinses away in water.




As with all Clinique products, the cleansing milk comes in really attractive packaging and is a fine addition to my bathroom counter. It has a pump dispenser for easy application, and applies smoothly when rubbed into your face. You need around three pumps of the milk and I usually massage it into my face and leave for around a minute.

The milk is really gentle, but I have to admit it I have found it a little too gentle, and I do find myself dragging on my muslin cloth to remove the makeup when rinsing off. I'm not sure how washing off with only water would work, as most of my makeup appears to be still on my face, but looser so I can cleanse it off with a cloth.

Once fully rinsed off, the cleansing milk leaves your skin feeling really clean, soft and refreshed, and doesn't leave it dry like face wipes can do.

One pumps worth

Overall I do really like the Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk, I just think it may work better when you have less make-up on as I do have to pull the make-up off my face with a dry cloth or cotton wool pad afterwards, which I don't think is the desired effect. 

What did you think of this product? Would you like "Tuesdays Reviewsdays" to be a regular post?

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Tuesday review day gets the thumbs up from me :) x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you find it a little too gentle, I have sensitive skin but I want everything to come off!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great product! Wonderful review. OX

    I'm looking for new blogs to follow and love yours, want to follow each other? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reivew, I like the sound of this but ultimately I think I need something a little more heavy duty for my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you tried any of the liz earle, evelom or emma hardie cleaners, and how do they compare to this one?



    http://thelifeofabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...