Tuesday 19 February 2013

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - Review

Tuesdays are 'Reviewsdays' !

Today I wanted to review a cult classic, so I wracked my brains and raided my beauty stash to find a well known beauty favourite. I have owned Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream for about four months now, so I feel qualified enough to give it a pretty thorough and honest review.

In case you are unaware of this product, 8 Hour Cream is a skincare protectant which relieves dry skin and smoothes chapping and redness.


When I first unscrewed my tube, I was pretty surprised to find the formula is not actually a cream at all, but a very thick and greasy gel. I was almost hesitant to apply this to my skin, as I feared anything that greasy would not do my skin any favours.

I have however found this cream to be pretty much amazing on eliminating dry skin. As the name suggests, all winter long I have applied it to my lips and any dry patches before going to bed and woken up with completely revitalised skin. It really does work wonders on chapped lips, and it's one million times better than any lip-balm I have ever tried. I have recently started to slather a little bit of it onto my eyebrows after I have plucked them, and again found that it soothes my skin really effectively.



I opted for the fragrance free version as I had heard others say that the smell is a little old fashioned, but to be honest I find that even mine has a little bit of an odd scent to it.

I would throrougly recommend 8 Hour Cream to anyone who suffers with dry skin, or to anyone who's skin does not agree with wintertime! On the back of the tube it advises that this product can also be used to soothe minor skin irritations and patches of sore redness.

Have you ever used 8 Hour Cream? I would love to hear what you think!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. This is really good, well done, i also have a Elizabeth arden 8 hour cream but to be honest I didn't think it was that brilliant ! I mean, i must say it has made my lips a lot more soft but there are other products that for me do the same such as carmex ! I don't think I would be purchasing this again but it has lasted really long !! x

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sooo much, and it works on everything to, it's like a little mirace in a pot! X

    I've got a giveaway and would love if you could enter :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try it!! Have a great night honey! Hope you can enter my newest giveaway! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used it for the first time the other day. It's an awesome product and I think your review has persuaded me to buy it!

    Samantha xo

    http://thislust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot of things about this cream...good things!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw :( I can't use products for dry skin otherwise my skin gets mad and produces way too much oil than I'd like!
    But glad this cream is working for you

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a classic product, yet I've never tried it. Your helpful review really makes me want to try it out, though. Sounds so effective and versatile! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it does look a bit weird doesn't it? It's great that you photographed what it looked like, I wouldn't have got that from the description alone.

    I also love your bed sheets! They are so lovely!!

    E x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...