Sunday 17 February 2013

Nails on Sunday

This week I thought I would put a Spring/Summer twist on the usual leopard print nail art, and paint each individual nail a pastel shade!


For this look I used:

Barry M nail polish in 306 Blueberry Ice Cream
Barry M nail polish in 307 Lemon Ice Cream
Barry M nail polish in  308 Berry Ice Cream
Barry M nail polish in 309 Strawberry Ice Cream
Barry M nail polish in 317 Blue Moon
Models Own nail art pen in Black
Topshop nail art pen set
Bourjois One Seconde nail polish remover
Nails Inc nail polish in Basil Street


To start with, I painted one layer of my base coat - Nails Inc Basil Street. This helps to avoid staining from the polishes and smoothen out the nail finish.


I then painted each nail with one of my pastel Barry M nail polishes, using two coats for optimum colour pigmentation.


To get the leopard effect, I drew small 'U' shapes with my Models Own nail art pen. The trick here is to pretend you are drawing a triangle, but not join up the two ends to close it off.


I then filled in the little holes in my print using my Topshop nail art pens. I tried to match the pen colour to the colour of the nail, but you can deliberately contrast them if you wish!


What do you think of my nails? Will you be having a go yourself?

If there is a look you want me to do a tutorial on, please comment below and I will try and feature it next Sunday for you!

xxx

32 comments:

  1. They look so good! I will be trying this soon! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are too cute, i haven't done any proper nail art in ages, need to get my game back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are so cool! love the design and colours, I'm going to try this out soon it looks so cute on your nails. New follower :)

    katieclarkemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, you have an impressive Barry M collection! ;)
    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty NOTD, love the leopard print and pastels combo! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look lush! might have to try this soon!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look like you've got them done at aprofessional salon! WOW! you have a real talent!

    www.iwalkinfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute nails! So impressive! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty and cute! wish I could do something like this x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great, it makes me want to grow my nails again!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love leopard print manis! I like the pastels too, it's a nice break from dark polishes for the winter season~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, I'm not talented enough to do these!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good! I tried doing leopard print nails once but it was a disaster I kept getting a shaky hand! haha

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute I love all the different colours!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm painting my nails in a pastel shade today! You're so talented, I could never do leaopard print on my nails!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh your nails are so so cool! will definitely try that out although it will fail miserably ahha

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are awesome!!! I've just had my nails done with some new egg shell nail varnish and they are so cute, but I love this DIY one, I'll definitely have to give it a go!

    Also, I'm running my first giveaway on my blog, I'd love it if you would enter - you could win some lovely hair treats!

    http://flutteringlashes-lou.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/giveaway-time.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely post. Your nails turned out really well! x

    www.heyitsloretta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute design. I am totally useless at nail art but I think this one may be something for me to try - wish me luck haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so good at nail art!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. you did such a fab job!! i can never achieve this with my own ): x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pastel shades, very apt for Easter.

    You've done such a great job of these, I'm not sure I could manage to do this either. Especially not my right hand - that always ends up a bit of a rubbish job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these colours! Super cute.

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look amazing! I love leopard print on nails :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all the colours there so pretty! And leopard print is my favourite, done some white based leopard print nails with colourful spots. You should try it!

    obsessionlacquer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. these are amazing, definitley gonna try them, been if I can never paint my right hand :)xx

    http://lucyandtheblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...