Sunday 24 February 2013

Nails on Sunday

 I've been doing these Nails on Sunday for a few weeks now and I'm overwhelmed by the lovely feedback I get on each one, so thank you all! For this week's post I wanted to try out a design I had never painted before. My inital thoughts were that I would try a Tiger stripe design, but after a quick search on Pinterest I decided to turn it into more of a stripy pattern.

This is an easy - medium skill look to recreate, you only need a base coat, an Orange-y colour and a Black nail art pen.


Here's the nail polishes I chose:


Bourjois 1 Seconde nail polish remover
Nails Inc nail polish in Basil Street
Barry M nail polish in 296 Coral
Models Own Black nail art pen

Firstly I removed my current nail polish using the Bourjois 1 Seconde nail polish remover. This tub is a godsend if you are similar to me and hate the tedious task of removing your polish with a reel of cotton wool and a standard bottle of strong smelling remover. All you do is pop your nail in, twist, and the pull out a nail polish free nail. It doesn't exactly take a second, but for three-ish seconds you can't really complain can you?

I then painted one coat of of my base, Nails Inc Basil Street. This smoothens out the nail surface and protects against staining from the highly pigmented Coral I'm about to use later.


I then painted two coats of Barry M 296 Coral.  You can substitute any colour of your choice into here, just ensure that it is bright and vibrant! I bought this nail polish yesterday and featured it into my haul post here. Don't worry if you paint over the edges, you can always remove that with a tactical cotton bud soaked in nail polish remover afterwards.


I then started to paint my stripe pattern onto my nails. Using my Models Own Black nail pen, I carefully drew a large 'V' shape starting through the top centre of my nail and bending in to about halfway down my nail. I drew another smaller one inside it, then formed my straightline stripes around it. This creates a pattern like feel to your nail art, instead of straight stripes all the way over it.

If you are nervous about painting an entire line, try making small dots and joining them up to form a line instead, this is an easier way and will build up your confidence to paint lines!


What do you think of this design? Can you recommend any that I try out for next week?

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Love them! Think I'll try and do these later - I don't have a black nail art pen though so maybe I'll use eyeliner.

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great nail design:) Love it!! I'll try it:D
    Gonna red your blog more often in the future!
    It would be great if you could take a look at my blog:)
    xx

    www.throughalltimes.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. These nails are really cool! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow if you like it...

    http://bonjourperfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow really nice nails!!!! your blog is great !
    Maybe we follow each other?!
    Let me know :)

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty nails! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous nail art!Love the coral Barry M nail polish, looks so pretty!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them they look so good! You have made it seem easy so I might attempt this usually rubbish at nail art! x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrible at nail art but this design looks fairly simple and very pretty - I may have to attempt it :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These nails are fantastic! I haven't got a steady hand at all so if i want my nails to look as nice as yours i'll have to go to a nail salon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have serious shaky hand syndrom so I would never be able to do this, one colour is hard enough for me! Love the stripes though x

    January Girl ♥ Nails Inc + Eylure Giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your nail design, I am so poor in doing mine)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks soo good.. how I wish I could do stuff like this x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...