Thursday 25 April 2013

Travel Supermarket competition - Cocktails in NY

I've seen a few blog posts floating around in the last fortnight with competition entries for the Travel Supermarket Worldwide Wardrobe competition, and after looking into it myself, I knew I just had to enter! The prize for the competition is a trip to the destination and £200 to purchase the outfit!

New York is the number one destination that I would like to visit. I've always refrained from going in the past, as being under the legal drinking age there put me off. What would I do at night? I want to go to New York and have the full experience, bars included. What trip would be complete without martinis at the Campbell Apartment? I want to visit all of Blair and Serena's stomping grounds, including the best cocktails in the city! Last August I turned 21, and from that day I could not wait to get myself across the pond and over to the fashion capital of the world.


I based my outfit idea on current SS13 trends (studs and a bright Yellow colour block), but mixed in some classic staple items to keep it classy, New York City style! I love this River Island clutch as it is so verstatile, and I think it teams up perfectly with this tailored blazer, edgy ring and polished Black nails. The total cost of my outfit comes in under budget at £151.49. I don't think on this occassion more needs to be spent, the dress has a laser cut neckline so a chunky necklace wouldn't be suitable, and I think all of the pieces I have chosen work well together, without going over the top and adding more accessories.

If you want to enter the competiton, the details are available here. 

What do you think of my entry? Would you wear this? 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The shoes are gorgeous. You've got great style.

    lots of love, megan.

    littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...